TBEX Central FL Chapter Launch Party is Go For Launch!
Calling all Central Florida Travel Bloggers…
I’m excited to share that there will be a Central Florida Chapter of Travel Blog Exchange (TBEX) hosting a Launch Party/ Tweet-up this December! Event details are listed at the bottom of this post.
What is Travel Blog Exchange?
Simply put, TBEX is a worldwide social network for travel bloggers. It hosts annual travel blog conferences in Europe and North America and offers a community that supports travel blogging and the travel industry.
Who can join the Central Florida TBEX Chapter?
Our chapter serves travel bloggers (independent, corporate or otherwise) in the Tampa, Orlando and Daytona Beach Regions, but any travel blogger who is in town is welcome to attend our tweet-ups and our upcoming Launch Party. If you’d like to become a member, join the Central FL TBEX Group here.
What’s the Benefit to Becoming a Member of TBEX?
Sure there’s the obvious benefit, it’s fun! But even more importantly, you’ll have the ability to network with other professionals in the field, enhance your blogging skills and become an influential voice in the Travel Blogging Community in the Central Florida Region.
Now for the good stuff…
Central Florida TBEX Chapter Launch Party Details
Where: Orlando Science Center Boardroom
Directions and additional venue information can be found here
When: Sunday, December 5th, 2010 1:00 P.M. – ???
Why: To celebrate the kick-off of our chapter, network, set goals for the future and explore the Orlando Science Center
How: Our agenda will loosely look like this:
- 1:00 – 2:00 ish network, talk chapter details, other assorted business-y like stuff to keep the momentum going
- 2:00 – ??? explore the Orlando Science Center. Join your fellow travel bloggers and checkout the museum’s many exhibits. Admission is complimentary to Chapter Members
- ??? – ??? Maybe visit a watering hole in Downtown Orlando. Suggestions anyone?
Additional Info: Please review the additional details carefully
- All interested travel bloggers must R.S.V.P. by contacting me
- Bring your cameras, smart phones and anything else to capture the afternoon
- The boardroom does have wireless Internet access if you’d like to bring your computer
- Tell the security guard at the parking garage you are here for the Travel Blog Meeting and you won’t have to pay for parking.
- Be prepared to answer the following questions when we meet:
- How would you like you and your travel blog to benefit by becoming a member?
- What travel blogging skills would you like to work on?
- What skills do you currently have that you think other members could benefit from?
- Share your experience on twitter with #TBEX and with the Orlando Science Center @orlandoscience
- Don’t forget your business cards!
Special thanks to the Orlando Science Center and Orlando/Orange County Convention and Visitor’s Bureau for making this event possible!
Comment if you’ll be there!
I’ll see you out there…! Spread the word
Current Guest Count as of 11/12/10: 21